I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Time Has Come- for a mini celebration


"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings-- And why the sea is boiling hot-- And whether pigs have wings." Through the Looking Glass


That dear friends was the start of my blogging career. I can now say that I have been at it for 2 years and one day. My very first post was about my attempt at pig wrestling. Guess you could say I won cause I am still here and he isn't.


They, those blogging experts, say that you should have some purpose or some theme for writing a blog. I would have to say that my purpose is too keep pushing myself just to write.
Some days I ponder eloquently and others I seem to drivel and snivel abysmally but I am still writing, still pushing myself to put my little window on the world into some perspective that makes sense to someone even if I can't always make it make sense to/for me. Having a digital camera has proven to be one of my greatest writing tools. Some times the photo calls for words and other times it is a thousand words. My world, my views hanging out there for everyone to see. For me that is growth. I was always that behind the scenes person who can make anyone else look golden but I never felt I had anything of worth to share. I have to thank those return readers and those who leave me comments because you have pushed me forward and given me courage to continue on.


In looking over my first post I realized that things have changed around here. I am no longer making small quilts. I have made the jump into bigger and more complex quilt designs and while I am working the quilt to-do list as quickly as I can I fear that I will be late with every quilt gift this year. There are days when this feels like wrestling with a pig but I assure you they are really not the same thing. Life still has a fast pace but the slowed down times seem longer and I am enjoying those stretches more and more.


Some things I have learned over that past 2 years. Posting is some days easier then the writing. Writing pushes one to think- at least I always hope it does. Always save things before you add the pictures. Save things after you add some pictures. Save things after adding the pictures. Thursday thirteens are very difficult to keep up with. Someone else always has a cooler looking blog site. I am afraid to mess with my blog site because there are people out there who will laugh at me if I forget to save before I screw things up. I have learned more in 2 years of blogging then in the many years I played at going to college. Blog friends are some of the best in the world. Thanks for hanging in there with me. I hope that reading this blog is not like wrestling a greased pig, er, um, on second thought....


Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP