I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Time has Come

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings-- And why the sea is boiling hot-- And whether pigs have wings." Through the Looking Glass

Pigs do not have wings by the way. I wrestled with a drunk 120 pounder one evening while trying to get it into a pickup truck and it sure didnt have wings- just a very nasty disposition but then we had tried to get him to walk the plank-yes literally- up into the pickup truck bed- that wouldnt work so we decided he would be easier to deal with drunk- not true-so not true!!-and he would not go, so the hubby decided that we should get motorcycle tie downs and put them around this pigs belly and then use the highlift bucket on the tractor to lift him up over the fence and into the pickup truck. This was actually working until the front end of the pig got loose and the pig began spinning underneith me. I could not move as my arm was caught up in the chain and he was wrapping it tighter and tighter around. When the pig finally got free and I realized by the Grace of God I had not broken an arm the hubby looks at me and says " that worked pretty well, lets try it again." We did not try anything else that night and let pig named Feast sleep off his beer.

Life tends to be very fast paced at my house and I have to admit that I kinda like it that way although there are times when I would rather just be locked away in a closet so I could slow down and collect what thoughts are left in this head of mine. Actually when life slows down I am usually found in my design room working out or on another quilt. I make small quilts as there is never enough time for big and complicated but soon..... if I can run a bit faster perhaps.......

And a big thanks to my 2 favorite writers who have shamed me into attempting to keep up with them- Yeah for Travelin' Ed and Jn.

PS. About the pig. A week later we built him a strong wooden box and chased him into the box and then picked up the box and put the box with pig into the pickup truck. Darn near rolled that tractor over a couple times first. Then it still took us about a hour to get him outta the box and into a chute at the butchers. Guess he wanted to live about as much as we wanted a pig roast!

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP