I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Friday, October 27, 2006

One Ring- No Postman

So if the doorbell rings while you are deep in sleep you know it is Trouble with that capital T. This morning was no exception. At 5 am I was jarred from a deep wondrous sorta sleep to the reality that my doorbell had just run. Oh yeah, Jenn and I arrived home from Idaho yesterday evening. We had sent the hubby home a different route with his baby bro. We took the long scenic route home from Northern Idaho by way of Washington state and 3 different universities. Roxy took good care of us and drove great. We had to stop by the Akron airport and pick up Jenn's beloved car Catsby on the way home. We drove to the office and met the hubby and we all three drove to the local Chinese resturant because there was no food and no cook at home.All in all, Idaho was a great trip for everyone- even the elk as they continue to live. A couple beavers and a blue grouse didn't fair so well.

When the hubby arrived home early Weds. morning he only had my car Bella to drive to work. Bella had a dead battery so he brought the tractor over from the barn to jump start her- she also had a flat tire. Bad start to his Weds. He got Bella running and went off to work leaving the tractor taking up most of the driveway in the front yard. He never bothered to move the tractor. We all drove up from having Chinese and there is this tractor taking up too much space in the driveway. I pulled Roxy into the grass where she was out of the way and easy to unload. Vern pulled Bella onto the side of the road in front of our house and Jenn pulled Catsby up right behind Bella.

Oh yeah, Back to the doorbell. This is Friday morning. Fridays are always garbage pick up days here. Our garbage man drives a huge truck that he backs up our long private road. He would not expect two cars to be parked on the side of the road. He hit Catsby driving her right under Bella. It is gonna be a very long day here- and Jenn is gonna be heartbroken to say the least.





Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP