I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Monkeys, Hamsters and M&Ms


1. It has been 3 weeks now since we removed the Hamster named Bubba from his wheel and replaced him with "ME".

2. I should be super skinny from all the stress and frustration caused by taking on this unwanted job.

3. In the first 2 weeks I single-handedly ate 3 pounds of M&Ms.

4. I just heard from a friend who heard at Weight Watchers that you must walk the length of a football field to burn off 1 M&M. Yah, like I see that happening.

5. I just discovered dark chocolate M&Ms. Now I have another reason to live, and walk too I guess.

6.Today I vacuumed and instead of moving about 30 piles of stuff I only had about 10 to work around. They will all be gone as soon as I can find the time. It is probably stuffed in a file under clocks, or watches or Does Anybody Really Know?

7. I took a cinnamon candle to burn in my office- no more Bubba the Hamster who wont shower smells.

8. I brought in an old espresso maker. Can you say hazelnut mocha latte? I just say Yum!

9. Yesterday we interviewed and hired a woman to be my replacement. She was anxious to get started with us but had to give one weeks notice.

10. Today she called and almost made me cry. She is not going to take the job we offered her. I can't imagine what anyone could offer her that would be better then working with and for us- oh wait, maybe money would do it???

11. I only ate 1/2 a small bag of M&Ms. I also walked around the office spouting profanities. I have heard that M&Ms burn off much more quickly if you swear. Lucky for me!

12. I get up at 4:40 every morning to walk for about 1 hour, this helps me to unwind before the morning even starts. I was told that one pound of weight lost is like removing 5 pounds of pressure from your back. I just want to know how far I have to walk to remove this monkey of a job from my back.


13. My hubby pulled out the trailer tonight. I am leaving in two weeks for our annual Idaho Elk Hunting trip in Oct. I am going, replacement or not because I am the cook, laundry woman, housekeeper and the only one who knows how to can the meat. Damn, sometimes it pays to be this good after all.

Oh yeah, and just to let you know that I am learning how to handle stress- I actually deleted this whole post as I was uploading it and had to start all over-and no M&Ms- maybe cause I already ate them all earlier today. Be blessed and thanks for stopping by.

Technorati : , ,

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP