I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

My Second Blooming

"I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming... suddenly you find - at
the age of 50, say - that a whole new life has opened before you." Agatha Christie

 

I love the above quote and believe this is exactly where my life is at now that I have turned 50. I look forward expectantly for only good things to follow through the rest of my days.  Here is where I plan on spending most of those days and nights.

 

March2010 007

Preparing a place for my new home.

 

March2010 023

Digging for the septic.

 

March2010 001

 

Footers are dug.

March2010 004 

Footers are being poured.

 

March2010 002

The back half of my house turning into lot.

 

March2010 008

Shew, the first half is safe.

 

March2010 021

And now for the second half. After delivering the first half one of the workers walked past me, said I will see you after Thanksgiving with the rest of your house and drove away. I was a bit worried.

 

March2010 022

Why sure it will fit… at least I think so.

 

 

March2010 024

Um, do you think she will notice if we leave it like this???

 

March2010 026

 

I always wanted a white house with kelly green shutters and now I have one. Can’t wait to show the inside but first I have to talk to some guys about this pretty wide chiasm between my kitchen and my living room.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP