I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mothers and Daughters


"If I had my child to raise all over again,



I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.



I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.



I would do less correcting and more connecting.



I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.



I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.



I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.



I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.



I'd do more hugging and less tugging." — Diane Loomans


 

 


This is how I tried to raise my two daughters. Not always an easy task but that is why there will always be the faint color of yellow paint shadows on the white fridge and why some of the copper bottom pans have dings. I would do it this way all over again even though I realize today it was my daughters who taught me self esteem and me how to watch more carefully. I miss my daughters more then they will ever know.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP