I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Just gotta tell someone

Ok so I am normally a pretty humble and down to earth Red Queen but today was a day that just has to be bragged about a bit and shared with everyone- some will care and others will just wonder if I was shaking hands this week with a chimney sweep or kissing cane toads or something but.......

I have spent the last two weeks getting things prepared for a quilt show that our guild was participating in. I made 3 sock monkeys to sell at the show. They all sold and I have an order for another.

IMG_1567

I had to help finish up the quilt that our guild is raffling off. My friend Lynn had started doing the machine quilting on the quilt top when her machine had a hissy fit and next thing I knew she was using Maxine and then she turned the quilting over to me and I worked on quilting 15 of the blocks and doing the binding. This is our quilt- want a chance at winning?  $1 buys a chance of my quilting on your bed.

IMG_1649

I entered some of my work in the show and my Crack Head Moose quilt was awarded a peoples choice award for the favorite quilt in our guild booth. I was so excited.

 IMG_1580

I had decided that as much as I love my Pfaff sewing machine that they do have lots of better features out today and my skills have improved enough to warrant dreaming for something better. I spent $15.00 on chances at a sewing machine today and tada- my name was called over the PA system as the winner of that very machine I was hoping to go home with.

IMG_1656

While I was doing the paperwork to take home that sewing machine my name was once again called. I had spent $5.00 to take a chance on a big basket of quilting stuffs. I had won that also.

IMG_1653 IMG_1655

I have been so blessed today but then I feel blessed most days anyway- lucky might be a better word today. I like this luck streak- think I will just have to keep it. Well, now I have a sewing machine to learn how to use. Back to work I guess.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP