I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Karen McTavish Rocks

This past Saturday two of my longarming best friends and I went to A Touch of Thread Quilting Gallery in Zanesville Ohio for a longarm quilting class. Karen McTavish was teaching. We were excited. We were on a road trip together. Best of all when we got to our destination we would meet and learn from Karen McTavish. I got to meet Karen last year in Pittsburgh where she was showing off what a great machine the APQS is. Matter of fact, she was the one who convinced me that this was the machine for me. It never worked out for me to get my free class on how to use the machine so through her books I taught myself so it would be no stretch to say she is my mentor.

IMG_1890

A Touch of Thread is a awesome place to hold a class, even if it is about 3 hours away for me and my buds. They have 5 Gammill machines set up. They are a great group to work with and we had lots of fun there. I have to admit that using the Gammill reminded my why I am so pleased with APQS., but I will definitely go back for more lessons when the right teacher comes along.

These are some of the Karen McTavish style feathers she was teaching us to do.

IMG_1893

I got lots of ideas and learned some new things here. The biggest thing that I learned was that I am totally on the right track and that I just need to dive in and keep going. It is always nice to have that sort of conformation.

IMG_1898

Me and my mentor Karen. Thank you Karen for directing me to my machine Maxine and for encouraging me onward through your books and now through your class. You Rock!

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP