I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Special Day Indeed!


Men wonder at the height of mountains, the huge waves of the sea, the broad flow of rivers, the course of the stars--- and forget to wonder at themselves.
---St. Augustine


Today is 07/07/07. Special day? You bet! I woke up early this morning to sit with my Mom. She got tired of laying in bed- her own bed- washed and dressed herself, made her own breakfast and was trying not to wake anyone with her coughing. One week ago my Mom was taken by ambulance to the hospital. She had a massive heart attack which has left her with 13 % of her heart alive. She was on a breathing tube. She was taken off the breathing tube. She was brought home Thursday. Hospice was here yesterday and the nurse was in total amazement. My Mother is a wonder.


Just this morning, in the quiet, while all the others were sleeping, we talked about how special this day is. We talked about how she is thankful that I have stayed on and will be her caregiver for the time being. We talked about how she hopes to be able to send me home soon, but that she worries I might get there and have to turn right back around. That is how it is I said. We talked about how we have said all the important things that needed to be said, and how what ever happens from here on out is ok. Then we talked about that day in the near future when my Mom will get to hold her Granddaughter Jessica and tell her how much we love and miss her. What a glorious day that will be.


Yes, today is a special day. Every day that my Mom takes another breath will be a special day. What a wonder she is indeed.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP