I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

King Size Continuation

Day 2 Mom has taken upon herself to be the offical whip cracker. If I start to get distracted she leads me back to the work at hand. Today is cutting 2 inch strips- lots of them.

Lots and lots of them really. They are cut and then they are sewed together lengthwise. And then silly me, they are cut again. My mom is having a hard time keeping up with the cutting again part of this project. But honestly why does anyone take perfectly good fabric, cut it into pieces, sew it together only to cut it and sew it again???

Day 3 All the strip cuts have been made and the sewing together continues.


Day 4 All the piece of this quilt are now assembled and ready for the the big tada to happen tomorrow. I will be laying all these piles out on the floor and creating a king sized quilt there- then I will be picking up the pieces hopefully in a organized fashion and sewing them into carefully designed rows. By the end of the day I am hoping to go TADA it is finished. Maybe a bit optimistic but my Mom is so anxious to see this quilt done.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP