I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Friday, February 23, 2007

Perversely Obstinate, Me???


My daughter tells me that I have become very petulant. I ignored her the first couple times she said that, but after a while I got rather curious. Yesterday I asked her what her definition of petulance is. Dang if she didn't even use it in a sentence for me. "My Mother has been having fits of petulance lately." To the dictionary I went because you can only call me some name for so long before I need a clearer understanding of what you are really saying to me. Petulant: characterized by temporary or capricious ( impulsive or unpredictable) ill humor( to be surly, irritable), peevish, perversely obstinate. Dang it all, we have the perfect description of what the Red Queen has become. Sure beats being prosaic ( commonplace or dull; matter-of-fact or unimaginative). I have always enjoyed being capricious even when I didn't know what that meant. I do regret the ill humor part of this story though, and to be called peevish- out of the question- that guarantees my being surly to be sure.


I can promise that the two weeks the daughter spent in Boston with her friends she noticed no petulant behaviors from me. I am almost certain that when I am alone and go into the bathroom and suddenly am inundated with cats and kittens- count 6 of them, they didn't notice petulance(although it is probably in the air). If I leave the living areas of my home to hide myself away in my studio and am soon followed not just by 6 cat/kittens but a daughter and/or hubby would it be considered capricious of me to be irritable???


Daughter is now studying for her GRE's. The book she got is full of words- her own quote. Needless to say, it has many 10 cent words that we know, some 25 centers we are using and well, those 50 cent words are somewhat recognized. I think we will both be studying this book full of words. For now, The Red Queen is packing herself and her attitudes up and going down the road apiece for a quilt retreat. I have high hopes of piecing together 3 quilt tops over the weekend. Todays word: Optimistic: disposed to take a favorable view of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome. Yep, this weekend I hope to optimistic, not petulant. Be blessed.




Technorati : ,

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP