I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Drinkin the Funk


I guess I have been in a real funk of late. Not in a "is the glass half full or half empty" sorta way. More like a where is that damn glass and why should I even care type funk. Life has been washing under my feet and while there have been many episodes worthy of noting frankly I didn't care, nor did I think those one or two readers left would either.

This morning I know where my glass is and what it is filled with. I understand that it is my glass and that I must drink what I have poured into it. There are ways to sweeten it, ways to make it taste not quite like what it is, but still in the end, it is my glass and I must take it in.


Yesterday I went to get another treatment for my toxins and could barely even walk through the door. Even told my guru that I didn't want to be there. We hooked me up to the computer and at least for now there is nothing left to treat. I left with an appointment for a month from now. That was great news.


I went to the vet then to pick up three cats with shaved bellies. Whoo hoo, no more kittens. Three cats with 3 different personalities. Last night and today I have been watching how they each deal with the stress of the last couple days and the pain that they are feeling. Animals have very few methods for dealing with pain- either they pull into themselves and hide from the world till they feel better, they lash out at everything thus creating a barrier between themselves and others, or they want extra attention, they want that touch from another. We are not unlike animals at all when it comes to pain.


I have gone from wearing the rose colored glasses that I found as a young child, to no glasses (can't find my glasses Scooby), to I am not thirsty and don't want to drink what is in that glass, to realizing that what has been poured out for me is my life and I must find ways of taking it in.


That boys and girls is where I am at today. Unlike my cat Maxie who has run off to hide from the world till she is past the pain, I must focus on sipping at that glass and taking in what each day offers. The pain that my cats are feeling will fade quickly and scars will heal over soon to be hidden and there will not even be a memory. My cats are lucky.


I find it so like God to make sure that as I am beginning to recognize where I am at in life, He has my pastors preach on the subject. For a study on pain and pain management check out my church archives here. You might be thinking my cats are pretty lucky too.


Technorati : ,

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP