I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

13 Smells- Catch a Wiff here


Thirteen Smells that Ting the Red Queens Ling

1. Puppy Breath- need I say more here?

2. Brownies just ready to come out of the oven.

3. Lilacs- perhaps my favorite flower scent ever- why do they only bloom once and for such a short time at that???

4. That smell that clings to the sheets after having hung on the line in the sun all day.

5. Freshly ground coffee- it says wake up even before the caffaine does.

6. Worms are pretty lucky crawling around in that earth smell- I love when you till up the soil and that Mother Earth smell arises.

7. There is a very different smell to that very first rain of spring after a long winter. Amazing.

8. Bacon sizzling in the kitchen- a kitchen that smells of fresh coffee also!!

9. A brand new box of Crayola Crayons- Kindergarten wonders all over again.

10. The smell of the early morning air at my ranch in Northern Idaho. It is cool and crisp, smelling of mountains and trees and wildness and coffee cause I will be cupping the mug tightly to warm my hands.

11. Applebutter simmering in the crockpot. Oh, fresh baked bread would make this one even better.

12. Fresh mangos slurped over a bathroom sink in a hotel in Honduras- or slurped anywhere really.

13. There is a smell that I have encountered only a few times. Sometimes when my daughter was in the hospital and I was at my weariest I would smell this amazing aroma but didnt recognize it. Years after my daughters death a very close friend was losing his daughter to severe injuries suffered in a car accident. I went to the hospital and it was there that I smelled it again, only this time I knew- it is the smell of God. With so many prayers being offered up, God could not help be be present.

Be Blessed and Thanks for dropping by the Kingdom.Don't forget to leave comments as the Red Queen loves to hear from her faithful subjects!


(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here since I cant figure out how to make that linky thing work-drats!)
1. Sonya
2. Chaotic Mom
3. Nikki
4. Susan
5. Debi
6. D
7. Carmen
8. Karen
9. TLC
10. Undercover Angel
11. Ames
12. Mrs. LifeCruiser
13. Angel
14. Norma
15. Colleen
16. Tanya
17. Pink Chihuahua Princess



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP