I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Oh Morning Joy


I am now part of the working class world once again. It does no good to complain. Actually I am blessed to have the ability to work and to know that I am making a difference, even a small one. I get up at 4:30 am. I could sleep in some more but this gives me time to take care of a few things like personal hygene ( I often wonder how important this one is concidering where I work), feeding the cats, packing lunch, reading emails, making coffee in this handy "heat the water and pour it through the filter" coffee maker and now my newest ritual which is the following:
I found this most excellent espresso maker on clearance the other day and figured that they put it there just for this working girl! Now when I am up before sane people even roll over I tell myself it will all be worth it in a few minutes, hit the on switch and wait for the thick heavenly dark liquid to drip out, nector from Mother Earth to wake the sleepy Queen. No more regular coffee with cream. Nope, I get all the works cause hey it is for me and I am worthy of it!!!

I make a double shot of espresso, warm a shot of vanilla and a shot of hazelnut, froth my milk, pour it all in my "yes you can have your coffee on the road cup" and I am beyond coherent when I get to work, I am actually smiling. Yepper, The Red Queen is blessed indeed!!! I hope you are blessed today also and anytime you want to share a cup Mother Earths finest I'm up early!!! Posted by Picasa

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP