I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Today is one of those days that deserves a celebration. Today is my Mom's birthday. Today is my Sister's birthday. Tomorrow is my precious daughter Jessica's birthday. I know that up in Heaven my Mom and Jess are having a two day long sharing of birthday blessings and if I know my step-father, he has the grill stoked getting ready to serve up some of his famous steaks but first he would fix drinks for all around and that circle is getting bigger up there so he will be a bit busy at the bar. This is the year that my baby can drink legally but Jenn will be the first to tell you that Jess has been hitting the alcohol for many years as many of the homeopathic remedies she would take were mixed with alcohol. I feel sure that if Jess is having drinks with the adults this year Mom and Grandma will teach her how to drink like a lady- those were two women who could definitely hold their own.

IMG_2285

I have been saving this bottle for a very special occasion that this one just seems to fit that perfectly. Sister Nancy, I raise a glass to you on this difficult birthday, just remember it could be worse, you could have been the older one. To Mom and Jessie, I have a few things yet to do here but one day I will be there to help you celebrate. Hugs to all, Susan

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP