I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Monday, February 25, 2008

be (RED)

My good friend Lynn and I decided this year to choose a word- one word to be our motto for the year.It ends up that my word was such a powerful word that we are both claiming it. My word is "Be" 

Today I ventured into my local Hallmark store hoping to find Yankee candles. I have found that there is something relaxing about burning a good smelling candle while I work - either piecing or quilting my quilts. Therefore I was on a mission for one of those scents that just sends you. Lilac is by far my very favorite scent but today I bought a Vera Cruz Vanilla Yankee Candle. Ok, I did buy a lilac candle also, it is a Beanpod candle.

But, the most exciting part of my visit today was the (PRODUCT)RED stuff that Hallmark is selling and the cause behind it. I so appreciate when a corporation takes on a cause and then because we are Americans and we spend money like nobody's business, they take the proceeds and do good things with some of it.  Hallmark and various other companies are now taking some of those proceeds and helping people in Africa who have AIDS. Who needs big government to do it? Given time and a some caring people we Americans step it up and take on compassionate causes just because we can and just because we have such big hearts, and just because we know how blessed we really are to be Americans.

I helped out today but then again how could I not.

IMG_0586

oh yeah, and Be Blessed my friends.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP