I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Passing the Blessings On



The first Friday of each August begins the church camp meeting at Emlenton PA. for the Church of God of Western PA. We have had a cottage there for 11 years. My hubby had been going to this camp since he was a child. It is a huge family thing. He purchased our cottage for us just after our daughter Jessica died. It was an amazing therapy for me. Jenn and I went wild with paint brushes and it is a place of rich color and imagination. We we would wake in the morning we never knew just how many kids would be sleeping on the floor. All were welcome, ok, honestly there were a couple that made us wish we had a back door to escape unseen but when they are known as Stalker _______, I think its ok to not let them in. I was so blessed by the kids that would spend time just hanging out and sharing with all of us. Many came back the last couple years to visit with me, even knowing that Jenn was not around.



The time has come where we are just not using this cottage anymore and with Jenn now all grown up like and not coming home for camp meetings anymore we have made that tough decision. We have put the cottage up for sale. God has chosen to richly bless us through this little place- now we hope to share the blessings with some other family who will appreciate it.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP