I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Rocking In Spring



"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as the sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." ~ John Muir about Yosemite


The day after Jenn and I got home from Missouri we got a call from Danny, one of Jenn's best friends and my adopted son. He was with a climbing group from his college and was down at the McConnells Mill for the day climbing. It took us 15 mins to get there. I went with camera in hand- aren't you lucky?

This place is in my back yard. Jenn used to climb there. I turned and asked her why we do not go there all the time as it is so peaceful and there is a profound joy in wandering the paths between the rocks. You have the sense that at any moment those very rocks will break out into song about their awesome creator. "I will return" I whispered as I climbed up toward the car.



Today as I write this the winds of winter are giving one last blow. The peace of Saturday is scattered in the headwinds and the joy of the sun is lost within rainclouds but I have tasted spring and therefore I know I can wait out the Easter snow.

PS. these are get bigger pictures- just click on them for more detail.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP