I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Life, My Card, My Thursday 13

American Express has a new ad out in magazines and I thought it was pretty cool- There are more then 13 questions but I think this getting in touch with oneself is very... well lets just say it hurts real good.

My name: Red Queen

Childhood ambition: Most of my childhood is a blur, behind the cute smile, the ugly pixie haircuts and little sweater buttoned at the top button only was a little girl screaming on the inside but nothing, no sound, no pain would come forth and now very few memories come out of that time either.

Fondest Memory: After my Daughter Jess died at age 9 ½ I asked if I could hold her one last time and as I sat there gently rocking her still body I had a vision of my baby standing ( she had been wheelchair bound, never having the ability to stand without braces) with her hands on her hips looking right at me and she said " Mom, what are you doing? You told me to go be with Jesus. I did, he's great. Now let go." I gave her one last kiss, stood up and placed that empty body on the hospital bed and we left to go home and I knew in my heart that my baby beat me home.

Soundtrack: Out Of Africa

Retreat: Moose Run Ranch, Sandpoint Idaho, the Bahia Bar in Trujillo Honduras (with #1 daughter as proprietor) or this other place that doesn't have a name yet but when I arrive there I will know that I have retreated, perhaps forever.

Wildest Dream: I am going to defer to my better judgment on this one as my daughter thinks nothing I could possibly say will shock her and... well... I will let her continue to think that.

Proudest Moment: Watching my daughter drive off to college without me. It meant we had both made it- although neither of us wants to grow up, or watching her graduated from college in her bare feet- OK technically I didn't know about the feet bareness until later but I was very proud because she did it all the hard way and still made it look relatively easy.

Biggest Challenge: Anything that involves numbers.

Alarm Clock: Mon. - Wed. 4:45 am, rest of the week 5:30 but I have been known to sleep through it all only to jump out of bed yelling DAMN and once the heart catches up we rush off to work hoping no one really cares.

Perfect Day: Getting up early, the morning is cool and I sit on my porch with a mug of freshly ground coffee warming my hands while I replay the passionate love making of the night before. Now that would be a very perfect kinda day-hmmm!

First Job: Selling Photo packages for Olan Mills

Indulgence: Betsy Ann Paras Truffles, Disaronno Amaretto

Last Purchase: a jar of Puttansesca Pasta sauce- learning about Italian eating just in case that wildest dream ever shows itself.

Favorite Movie: Out Of Africa

Inspiration: My Grandparents, both sets were Christians who prayed often for each of their grandchildren and this one most definitely is here today because of their love, their Godly witness and perhaps most importantly because of their prayers for me.

My Life: I decided to share my life verse instead: Philippians 2:14-16 (New International Version)

14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold out the word of life-in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.

My Card: Here is where I tell you what kind of Am Ex card I have but Id rather tell you what my business card would say if I could create my life from my card.

Red Queen~

Takes in strays- animals and teenagers,

Awesome Cook, Creative genius, Mom to many.

Lousy housekeeper but great homemaker.

Master Quilter, Beloved Child of God Almighty

You will know you are loved by her.


Be blessed today and thank you for being a part of my Thursday!

Technorati : , , , ,

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP