I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Tea for 13


13 Teas that the Red Queen Enjoys

Happy Thursday 13. My week started out so well but ended in a pretty emotionally tumultuous time. I am a firm believer that a cup of tea will cure almost anything and therefore I have a whole drawer full of different varieties of tea that I enjoy.

1. Stash English Breakfast black tea- can you say Good Morning with a smile cause this tea sure does.
2. Stash Double Bergamot Earl Grey black tea- another tea that will wake up your brain and your senses.
3. Bigelow Constant Comment- this tea is excellent in the winter. Another black tea sweetened with orange and spices.

I have a special teapot given to me by my Grandma, It was her belief that tea is just better from this brand of teapot. Sadly, I just read that the Pristine Company is no longer in business. My tea will now be extra special from this pot.
Some more medical type teas:

4. Licorice Root- You have to like black licorice. Very good for boosting energy
5. Celestial Seasonings Echinacea Cold Season-This has all types of good stuff to help with colds and it really drys up the runny nose and gives Mom type comfort.
6. Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer- One cup of this an you are one mellow fellow.
7. Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime- great for those nights you can't fall asleep. I am ready to sleep before the cup is finished.

My daughters and I loved tea parties. We would have them all the time. When my daughter Jessica died it seemed only appropriate to put her ashes in a teapot. Her sister Jenn painted one just special for her.

And just for fun:

8. Stash Mango Passionfruit- a caffeine free party in the mouth tea with an amazing aroma.
9. Numi Dry Desert Lime- I love the flavor of lime. This is a true citrus pleasure.
10. Numi Jasmine Green Tea- this is an delightful spring time teas.
11. Numi Temple of Heaven- a green gunpowder tea
12. Bigelow Chinese Fortune- an oolong tea- this will remind you of the tea served at the Chinese Restaurants.
13. Stash Fusion green and white tea-this tea is tasty and good for you- filled with antioxidants.

So next time your are nervous, agitated, sad,tired or don't feel well or just need some good company brew yourself a spot of tea and picture me sitting across from you because anytime you have a cup of tea it can be a party and the Red Queen should always be invited to a party! Be Blessed this week.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Technorati : , ,

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP