I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

13 Books Red Queen Style

Thirteen Books on the Red Queen's bedroom floor. Some read, some devoured, many still waiting for attention.

1. My Bibles- 2 of them- The Ryrie Study Bible- New American Standard version- a gift from my Grandmother in memory of my Grandpa when he died. The Amplified Bible- this version helps me to better understand things and it is paperback so it goes places with me when I travel. I should really be reading both of these much more then I do.

2. A small red journal - I keep it close to write down those thoughts that pop into my head- mostly it has the names of songs that are played first thing in the morning- I listen to an awesome radio station that plays adult alternative music.

3. Always the Young Strangers by Carl Sandburg, an autobiography just waiting to be read.

4. Hannibal by Thomas Harris- love the movies, want to read the series.

5. The Four Loves by C. S. Lewis- still waiting for its chance to be held and underlined and loved.

6. Paranoia- by Joseph Finder A novel written by the brother of my youngest daughter's lung doctor. Doctor Finder was awesome and heres hoping his brother is as good at writing.

7. Carrots Love Tomatoes by Louise Riotte- This book tells the secrets of companion planting for awesome gardens- I always forget the tips and plant stuff the way I want- feeds the deer and bunnies so it cant be all wrong.

8. Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes I devoured this one about 10 years ago and it is in line waiting to be re-devoured, An excellent thought producing book.

9. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom - This was an delightful and quick read. Very touching, leaves the reader different.

10. An Elm Creek Quilts Sampler by Jennifer Chiarerini I am a quilter- don't know if reading about quilting will be the same but someday I will find out.

11. Griffin and Sabine by Nick Bantock- This is an amazing love story/ trilogy. The art work is captivating and you are left feeling a bit naughty and voyeuristic. My daugher and I like to read these outloud.

12. Pale Gray for Guilt by John D. MacDonald - a Travis McGee Novel I have been reading and rereading Travis McGee novels for 25 years. No doubt when these stories were first published they were a tad racy.

13. Prayers that Avail Much- Word Miistries, Inc. I am a huge believe in the power of prayer and have many books on intercessary prayer, and most of them have been read and underlined and used for reference. I confess that I just don't pursue this often enough right now.

A rather eclectic selection to be sure, and that is not even a quarter of the books on the floor. I love books. I love Ebay because I find many books there- now if I could just Ebay the time span to sit back and enjoy these treasures I would be set. Be blessed today!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

Technorati : , ,

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP