I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Life is for playin'

Yesterday I stopped by one of my favorite haunts- Willies or Good Will to those on a more formal name basis. I think the clerks high five each other when they see me disappear within the racks. It was a great day for me to be there. I came home with a stack of books- all of which I hope to read soon. I also found 3 awesome blue glasses which will probably be vases for evermore, but how happy they are to have found a new home. I am a bit like a raccoon in that I like shiny things. And of course these new shiny things were just begging for some poseys to welcome them home. And so I get to play today.




In case you are curious I bought two books for Jenn but I am reading them first: Red Dragon and Hannibal by Thomas Harris. For my personal library I bought: Always the Young Strangers by Carl Sandburg and Immortal Poems of the English Language. And just because: The Foundation of Leadership by Bo Short and With My Face to the Enemy- Perspectives on the Civil War which has essays by many different writers.

I hope you are richly blessed today-no foolin'

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP