I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Monday, February 27, 2006

Sweet 16 plus 30

Today is my birthday. I am a whole day older then I was yesterday. Whoot, whoot. I am baking a cake for my birthday. It is a new recipe and I don't know how good it will be but I have licked the bowl and I can attest to the quality of the batter-it is delish as my Grandma Goldie would say.

Georgia Cornbread Cake

1 Cup sugar
1 Cup brown sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 Cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 Cup self-rising flour
1 teas. vanilla extract
2 Cups pecans, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9x 13 inch pan. Stir together sugars, eggs and oil in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in flour and vanilla. Add pecans and stir until evenly mixes. Pour in pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.

I did mix up some scrapple this weekend. I used the second recipe and while it was alright the opinion of the house was that it needs about 4 times more pork in it then the recipe called for.

I hope you all have a great day and I will leave the drawbridge open tonight just in case you want to stop by for birthday cake! Oh and dont worry, there will be no serving of scrapple- it went to the office to feed the cats. Be Blessed!

Update: The cake is better then awesome. It is called Cornbread Cake because the texture is supposed to remind on of cornbread. I would have found a better name like Nuts for the Red Queen or something like that. Ha. It is really great and doesnt really need anything with it except maybe a quality cup of coffee and some good conversation-yep it belongs with the good life!

Technorati : ,

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP