I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Tashi Deley

Last night about 8 pm there was a knock on my door. I opened it to discover two of my daughters lanky male friends standing there holding out a pizza. They said that they were bearing food so of course I let them in. The three of us sat in my kitchen and talked for 3 hours about matters of importance. What was important you might ask. Anything that they wanted to talk about would be my answer. You see, they came knowing that Jn was gone already. They came knowing that if I was home my door would be open to them and a kitchen chair would be made available. They came knowing that they would be heard and they are cared about and in turn they showed me that I am worth hearing and caring about. What a great trade off. Thanks Shuff and JW.

I tell you that to led into an amazing greeting that I was just reading about in a book I am devouring. The book is called "The Other 90%- How to Unlock Your Vast Untapped Potential for Leadership and Life by Robert Cooper. The greeting is Tashi deley. This is a greeting used by the people of Tibet and it means " I honor the greatness in you. I honor the place in you where lives your courage, honor, love, hope and dreams. I did not greet my daughters friends with tashi deley but I could have because I believe and I hope that they were greeted in that spirit and that they know that I was honored with their presence and those things they hold important.

Tashi deley to you also my gentle reader. I am honored that you come to visit with me. I hope to share other ideas from this book through out the year. It is thought provoking and is now filled with underlining and notes written in the margins- always a sign of a thought inducing book. May the Lord bless you richly. Tashi deley.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP