I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Is there order to the pecking?

My house in Western PA was often a real menagerie. At times we were near 100 animals if you counted each chicken, duck, turkey, iguana, dog, cat, hamster and fish. I guess you could call us experienced in the art of hands on animal husbandry.

Tame turkeys are perhaps the most stupid of all the animals we ever had. A tame turkey really can drown in the rain-honest. The most vicious of the animals we raise would be the chickens- yes, those sweet feathered producers of eggs, white, brown and blue and green. We had to watch the chickens more closely then any other animals. If a chicken gets wounded to the point of bleeding and remains with the others that bird is soon dead, pecked to death by those that were only recently sharing the perch with it. Amazing how a seemingly harmless animal could be so cruel to those it associates with each day.

Tonight as Fox News was showing clips of the Judge Alito nominations I was reminded of my raising chicken days. I saw those chickens, er, I mean senators surrounding Alito and pecking and pecking at him hoping to be the first to draw real blood. I hope he doesn't bleed. I hope he proves to be smarter then the flock and will become something worth crowing about as time goes on.

I must agree with Sean Hannity tonight when he said that as painful as it is to watch, he wishes that these hearings would continue for another month. That way constituates could see what their representatives are honestly like. Hmmm there is a thought. Can sheeple think? The one I raised was pretty stupid and would follow anything.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP