I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Friday, September 09, 2005

Take 2

This could be my new favorite cup!



Kitty seems to really like it too. Kitty needs a name I guess. She is a she kitty. We found her yesterday under our porch at the office. Her meany mom probably abandoned her hoping some sucker would come along. I would say call me sucker but actually hubby is the one who found her and called me out of the office to catch her and feed her. We could find no one to take her so she has come home with me. I have always been a sucker for strays- that's why so many of Jns friends show up here I think. Anyway, kitty needs a different home because I am getting really attached and I don't need or really want any more pets. One old man cat with 3 legs and a bad memory and worse disposition is enough for me. Kitty really does like me though. She curls up on my shoulders while I do my computer work, and then give me lots of kisses. On the up side, with kitty in my kitchen Mr. Jazz, the old man cat, will not come in.


Hubby and I went out and picked grapes tonight. He found a patch of grapes growing just over the bank of our yard. We have been watching them, hoping we would get there before the coons did. The coons have been there but they have not decimated the patch yet so we picked a bucket full tonight and will go back Sunday a check again-they were still puckerish meaning a tad sour. Eating grapes like this is an art form. It is not like eating grapes from the store. Store grapes you just pop in your mouth and hope when you sink your teeth in they pop. These grapes you take one at a time and hold it to your mouth and squeeze the innards into your mouth- no eating the skin- and then you swallow. Me I still bite into the middleness and the spit out the seeds but you are sposed to just swallow. Kinda like eating oysters I guess. I don't think wild grapes make one amorous though. They might if they are made into wine but if they are just eaten I think it just makes one loose as a goose so to speak.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP