I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Beware the Wolf


This afternoon I was tucked into my sewing room working feverishly on a long overdo quilt with the tv on as background noise. I had Fox News on and the reporter was interviewing 2 people. Naomi Wolf, feminist and author (a white woman), and Ward Connerly, author and chairman of the American Civil Rights Institute ( a black man). They were asked by the reporter to "put a face on this disaster for the viewers". I thought that they were going to describe for me what type of person was most affected by this tragedy but instead Ms. Wolf went into this major tirade about how this was all the Commander and Chiefs fault. He was on vacation too busy cutting brush to step out and help the poor people. The reporter asked if some of the blame didnt belong to the governor of La. and the Mayor of New Orleans and off she went once more about the horrid job the President was and is doing. The reporter then asked Mr, Connerly what he thought about Wolf's comments and he said "If horse manure were music, that would be a symphony". This could have been one of the greatest quotes of the week and here it was buried in mid day. But now you have heard it too.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP