I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Wearing the Deep Thinker Thinking-Cap today

So I woke up this morning and had a minor freakout. I could see no colors. Everything was in greys. I tried opening and closing my eyes and no luck. I figured I had gone to sleep with a color wheel of excitement happening and woke up in a hell of sameness. Bad news for a quilter who tends to use the “need your sunglasses” bright fabrics. Hubby turned the light on and all was well once again in my happy little techno commune of brainal neurons*.

Woke up to the song “You’re So Vain”. If anyone had ever told you to write a song with the word apricot in it would you, could you? And who is that song about anyway? Did the fool that forked out all those bucks to get the answer feel cheated???

News flash of the Day: Police in New Castle, Pennsylvania,(in my back yard- yeah we raise rocket scientists around here) accuse 19-year-old Stacy Kendall with selling sexual favors to two elderly men for four and six dollars each. Kendall and the two alleged johns, 71-year-old William Claypool and 83-year-old Carmen Nocera, all face misdemeanor charges of prostitution and solicitation. Tough call here to say who was more hardup.

Yesterday I shot a groundhog!!! I hung it from Jns basketball hoop for hubby’s viewing pleasure. I woulda taken a picture for ya but the guts of my digital are still in Peru doing much more exciting shots. The guts of this hole-digging garden-thieving villain woulda been a pleasant eye opener this morning though –don’t ya think!

We do some strange things around here I guess. One time after hubby shot a crow we mounted it on a stick for all the crow population to take note: we shoot to kill around here. I guess we needed to do that with a couple rabbits cause they were the garden destroyers this year. Except for that one ground hog that was caught climbing over the fence. He’s gone too.

I heard a quote once while traveling to Idaho. Stopped in Billings Montana for dinner and discovered the most amazing bbq. Jerry’s Pit BBQ. Jerry is displaced or replaced or just plain moved from South Carolina I think. And he is making his food just like his granny taught him-yum. Anyway, Jerrys quote fits my family just fine I think, “ they was different then the different folk”

Thanks for stopping by today. Be Blessed!

*Mucho Gracias to Ramblin' Ed for inventing this one just this morning when I was freaking out!

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP