I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Crashing the Coliseum- Its Bristol Baby!

Technorati Tags: ,,

March2010 011

I have finally made it to a NASCAR track. I went to the time trials at Bristol. Because I drove up in my Toyota 4 Runner Toyota paid for my parking and later in the day they fed me and showered me with Toyota goodies. I love Toyota!

March2010 001

 

March2010 002

Food City is a major sponsor of this race and I saw there shopping cart making its way to the track- imagine filling this one up with steaks and chops. Check the engine under this bad boy- they race this around the track.

March2010 010

 

Yeah Baby, I made it to Bristol!

March2010 017

 

It is a carnival setting outside the track. They have corn hole contests and here is the Amp car doing a burnout. There is almost every kind of food represented here and on every corner you can buy something to drink- Jack, or Crown, Bud or Miller. I discovered Junior Johnson’s Midnight Moon- tasty with a splash of lemonade!

March2010 072

 

I repeat Yeah Baby I made it to Bristol! 

 

March2010 020

 

March2010 088

My favorite car leaving inspection and now I have a driver I can root for also- Go Matt Kenseth!

March2010 034

 

 

 

March2010 069

 

Love this photo. My guy Kenseth was sitting on the pole for all of 1 minute when out came Joey Logano who won the pole by going around this .553 mile track with a scorching 15.396 seconds which works out to 124.63 mph. That would be Joey doing his thing behind the scoreboard. It was great fun to watch Dave Blaney qualify third with a 124.63 mph run.

March2010 021

Kyle Busch 

 

March2010 027

Jeff Burton 

March2010 080

 

March2010 099

Getting ready to burn up the track on Sunday. Go Matt! Boy to I have that Bristol fever going now. I will be back. 

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP