I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tis the Season

Friday afternoon the snow started here in Wise Virginia where I am now living- about two inches per hour. By Friday evening I was without power in my little trailer- no lights, no heat pump, no electric heaters. Thank God I am a quilter. With nothing to do I grabbed a flashlight to keep handy and went to bed.

Saturday morning I awoke to almost 2 1/2 feet of snow and still no power. It was downright wicked cold in my trailer. I made a phone call to some friends and was invited to pack up what I needed and move on in with them- they had no electric but they have gas heat and a gas stove- whoohoo- I was not gonna freeze to death after all!!!

After burning through many candles and lots of games of Uno and Backgammon the power came on at my friends house just last night during dinner. Alas, it could still be days before I can move back home. I find great irony in knowing I stopped to pick up my mail today and there was only a bill from my power company- a big bill-grrr.

I am one of the blessed as I had a place I could relocate to- there are thousands still without power. I am so thankful for the men and women who have given up on their week before Christmas plans to help those in SWVA to reclaim some of the comforts we are so used to these days.

I wish each of you who may find this a very safe and very blessed Christmas. May the true reason for celebrating Christs Birth resonate within your heart each and every day of the new year. Be Blessed.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP