I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Friday, July 21, 2006

Dragonfly Bellies


I once gave my daughter Jenn a camera when we went up to Niagra Falls and told her to take pictures of anything that she wished she could share with me. I stayed behind in the motel room with Jess my other daughter. I got pictures of a ladies shoes and a really neat crack in the sidewalk. Some might have seen it as a waste of film but when we sat down and looked through the photos together it was special because there was a purpose or intent behind each shot.

I can't say that you will be so lucky in the next week or so except to say that my intent would be to please the Queen first and foremost- if it pleases my faithful minions then we are both blessed. Because it takes so long to load pictures here I will just do a couple at a time throughout the days that I am here.

This photo was taken with me laying in the driveway and shooting pictures upward hoping that one of the 70 or so dragonflies would grace the camera with a photo, so this is actually the bottom of a dragonfly.






Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP