I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Nine Years



Nine years. It has been nine years now since I have held my baby, or heard her sweet voice.





Nine years, the same amount of time she spent on this earth she has now spent with Jesus. In nine years a person can forget many things but sometimes the situation is so great it becomes imbedded within our DNA and while the mind might forget, the body never does. Nine years and my body still grieves each year at this time.



For those who dont know, my youngest was born with a form of Muscular Dystrophy. The doctors suggested that she would not live much past the age of 2 1/2 and she was already 16 months old. God had other plans and allowed us to enjoy Jessica for 9 1/2 years.












How blessed we were for those extra years and all those extra smiles.

It seems so appropriate that Jessica's New Birth Day be the first day of spring. Her smile was the warmth of a spring day after a long winter. Everytime Jess would get sick and rebound it was like a new spring day. Yes, Jessica was a touch of spring in everyones life, that breath of fresh air that reminded us that life is good.


Nine years ago, as spring arrived, Jessica departed. She went to a place where there were no hospital beds, no wheelchairs. or oxygen tanks, no feeding tubes, no meds required, no more back braces, or leg braces, no more pain, no more being confined to a body that was wearing away. Jessica was free at last!

Happy New Birth Day Jessica!

The painting Free At Last was done in memory of Jessica by a family friend and artist Dona Boots of Ellwood City, PA.

Technorati : , ,

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP