I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Sunday, January 15, 2006

A Local Call


Even the sun sets in Steeler Gold here!

A man was in Dallas and was talking with Bill Parcells. He looks to his left and sees a red phone and asks what that is. "That is the phone line to God, and it will cost you one thousand dollars." The man thought to himself and realized that he could get all the picks for the games that week correct and decides to pay the money and call God. That Sunday, he gets all the picks right and wins big money.

The next week, he is in Foxboro, Massachussets and sees the same red phone and asks New England Patriots head coach Bill Bilechik if that is the phone line to God and Bilechik says it is and it will cost him one thousand dollars. Since he won so big last week, he pays the money again and wins tons of dough.

The following week he is in Pittsburgh and sees that same red phone. He asks Bill Cowher about it and Bill tells him it is the phone line to God and it will cost him 35 cents. The man, very upset, tells Bill that he just paid one thousand dollars in both Dallas and New England and wants to know why it is so cheap in Pittsburgh. "Well, here in Pittsburgh," Bill explains, "it's a local call.

I am not really ready to brag up my Steelers too much. It was a wonderful game but my heart is still not quite beating at a normal pace yet. Those last minute decisons always get me going. Now that we have gelded those Colts I hope we can carry on that effort next week against the Broncos. Steelers rock my world!

Technorati :

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP