I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Let me get commercial with you

So I am that perfect wife that most men are looking for- I love sports. My week has included much basketball and football- is there any better time of year??? College football and basketball are favorites and it really doesn't matter much who is playing. I will pick a fav and yes I can get pretty vocal about what takes place. Today of course I was ecstatic as I was watching my beloved Stillers- this was such a fun game to watch unless you were a Bears fan. Hines Ward and that big ole smile just rock my world!!! but I digress. This blog is actually about commercials.

I watch a whole lot of sports which means I see a whole lot of commercials. The Dr. Pepper commercials get to me every time. I see one, I want a Dr. Pepper. I just saw the new VW Passat commercial where the physics geeks let off a rocket that dies when it hits the newspaper ad about the impact resistant side panels of the Passat- what a great ad. Or the new Dominos 3 for $15. commercial where the kids get the lamp for 30 seconds- you know that delivery boy is this thinking he sure isnt getting a tip. I even like the Miller Lite commercial where they give the Bud mascots a little love but can someone please explain the LeBron James Nike commercials to me. Why would anyone willingly do such ridiculous and stereotyped vignettes that just make him look like an idiot???? Is Nike really paying that much money that he could possibly be ok with this???

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP