I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What are you thankful for?















Happy Thanksgiving to you all

This is that day set aside for us to remember those things that bless us. What are we thankful for? The list, especially for us Americans, is very vast. Could take you all the way from the dinner prayer to the after dinner pie to get through the entire list but today I will share one very general thing that I am thankful for: The Hard Places.

The Hard Places sometimes pile up and compound in our day to day lives. They tower like statues reminding us that "Damn, this is tough". As I recollect over my life's experiences I realize that the hard places are what have formed and developed the me that is me today. These Hard Places, my hard places, stand like an alter to remind me that I have passed this way before and unless I make course changes this will be the outcome. These Hard Places, my hard places, remind me of who I was and where I was going and what I have learned along the way.

When I think of my hard places I realize that mine will tower far above some and be ever so small compared to others. Then, I remember Jesus, my Lord and Saviour. Now there are some real Hard Places and he didn't even have to face them. He, being perfect, did not need Hard Places to form character, or divert stupidity, or slow down an out of control life. No, Jesus did not need the Hard Places, but he willingly went into them so that when I NEED my hard places he has already been there and is waiting to help me through.

I like who I am and who I am becoming therefore I must be thankful for the Hard Places, my hard places.

Have a very Blessed Thanksgiving. God bless you each richly today with everything you would want except the heartburn. Posted by Picasa

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP