I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Lets talk about me.

My Blog Sister Romeocat sent me this Meme while I was in Idaho and I did answer the questions then but didn't get it posted for her. I am supposed to send it on to 5 others but I am not too good at chain letters either and so I will just list my answers here and tell you that it was a pretty neat exercise in introspection and suggest you might want to continue it on.

Five things I plan to do before I die:

1. Stay at my ranch house in Idaho long enough to actually get bored- that probably means moving or atleast staying longer then 3 weeks at a time.

2. Learn to fly fish.

3. Learn to spin fiber and weave/knit

4. Make a quilt for every bed I own- 9 beds and still adding to Idaho- I need to get busy

5. Get and learn to use a long arm quilt machine.

Five things I can do:

1. Skin and butcher any game meat! Cook it or can it too!

2. Make people feel better about themselves- a little genuine attention sure goes a long way

3. Change a tire by myself-quickly

4. Work well for long periods of time with my husband.

5. Forgive others quickly- forgetting takes longer

Five things I can’t do:

1. Hear zydeco and not dance

2. Turn away strays and downtrodden-whether animals or children

3. Suffer stupidity well, or for long--ignorance, really not knowing something is one thing but stupidity is hard for me to overlook, especially in myself.

4. I cannot stand excuses- valid reasons for something happening or not is ok but excuses are simply saying “I am just being stupid right now.” Remember #3

5. Write my name in the snow while peeing.

Five things that attract me to the opposite sex:

1. A quick sense of humor.

2. Gentle heartedness.

3. A strong work ethic.

4. Being able to say “ I am sorry”.

5. A touch of the rugged, wild west- no yuppies here.

6. I love it when they write my name in the snow.

Five things I say a lot:

1. Be Blessed

2. I love you

3. Praise the Lord!!!

4. DAMN- stolen from the daughter

5. Nur, nur, nur- usually used in cases of slight and laughable stupidity or when you just really want someone to know how amazed you are at how absolutely stupid they truly are.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP