I am a woman searching for my inner goddess and using fabrics, words and photography as my road map. I find great comfort and order in my creative efforts and hope that in sharing them you find a peace also. Welcome and Be Blessed!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day

“9 Furthermore, we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness. 11 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.” Hebrews 12:9-10

They say that “Iffen Momma ain’t happy, ain’t no one happy” and this truism speaks volumes about the effect that Mothers have on the household but what about the Father?
It has been my experience, and I realize how lucky I am to be able to say this, that a Father brings strength, character, discipline and security to the home.

I have been richly blessed with God-fearing men in my life who through their witness have contributed to my life in untold ways and have given me what I believe to be an honest glimpse into the character of my Heavenly Father.

Grandpa Goldie: No one could read the Sunday Funnies like you could, or play cards endlessly with those of lesser talents. You were so gentle and so kind. Often bending but never breaking, despite lifelong pain you were a silent strength to me. I can still smell your workroom, even after all these years.

Grandpa Hinkle: No one every prayed as hard for this wayward child as you and Grandma did. How many souls were saved from your direction? You had the gift of healing and through your gentle ways you had boldness for the Lord. Your life was always and still is a watermark for me.

My Dad: Dad, you were and are an anchor in my life. No matter where I might be, I know that you are there and that you love me no matter what. What a gift that has always been for me to have that security and that grace. I treasure each moment I get to spend with you Dad! I never touch a tool without thinking of you- how is that possible?

My Step dad: Dan, how was I so lucky to be blessed with 2 great Fathers in my life? You were strong when I was reckless, you had wisdom when I was wayward, you brought stability when my family was uncertain and you showed us the world through new eyes- the eyes of Texas- and you still love me despite it all.

My Uncle Dewy: You stand tall and strong, wise and proud and yet you are always willing to bend down and share the laughter and joy of your life and your heart. Your Godly witness has always been a gentle reminder of who I am and what I need to strive for.

My Hubby: You are my soul mate. We fit together perfectly. We are daily living out adventures that others can only dream of. You make my life complete and worthwhile, and you bring laughter to each day. You are my rock.

Because of each of you and the impact you have had upon my life it is so easy to believe in a loving, merciful, strong yet gentle, compassionate Heavenly Father who is worthy of all my love, honor, respect and praise. I thank each of you. Happy Fathers Day.

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Black Box

Contributors

Red Queen's Mission Statement

I believe that things can always be cured with a hug and a cup of tea, fixed with either a needle and thread, duct tape, WD40 or coke, and that prayer works every time. I take in strays whether in animal or childlike form. I have been mother to many for a time and this is my way of keeping up with some of those straying children that I miss. I appreciate shock value and use it often to remind people that the world is round and colorful and we are not all living in square brown cardboard boxes with little holes cut in for windows. Look for the warm fuzzies- God delivers them up fresh every day just to say- I think you are pretty darned special- so special that I have your picture up on my fridge for life and I am sending you a hug to remind you that you matter to me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP